Find and Touch Your roots in Slovenia!
Find your family’s past in Slovenia!
I bet we all want to find our roots. If your ancestors come from Slovenia, we can help you find Your roots, we can try to trace your family tree in Slovenia and you will be able to learn more about your family history in Slovenia. Your genealogy in Slovenia starts here!
Family ancestry in Slovenia
Roots research remains somewhat of a novelty in much of the world, also in Slovenia, but there is such a wonderful satisfaction in working out our own family stories. Each record we find represents something seemingly insignificant, but sometimes these events were life-changing experiences for our ancestors and therefore for us.
A bonus! Get Your Own Personalised Story!
Get your PERSONALISED STORY about your family’s background. What makes us different and unique? We put your family’s crucial moments into an actual period of time when important changes happened to your ancestors in the past.
Perhaps your grand-grandfather was a mayor in your home town or an Austrian soldier or perhaps a politician on the “wrong” side… Don’t you want to know?
A well-coordinated team of SLOVENIAN HISTORIANS will bring to life social, economic, political, historical and geographical situations of a certain time in your family’s past. Based on the findings, you will get a short but PERSONALISED STORY ABOUT YOUR FAMILY’S BACKGROUND.
“Family… like branches on a tree, we all grow in different directions, yet our roots remain as one”
Touch your roots with a help of your friend in Slovenia, Go To Slovenia Travel team
Visit Slovenia and TOUCH YOUR ROOTS!
Follow this FREE 3 STEP GUIDE that will lead you through your personal “Find your roots treasure hunt”
Treasure hunt at home
- We suggest focusing your hunt in the attic, basement, and drawers where photos, documents, and personal correspondence may be stored. Items with dates, old pictures, military records, diplomas, report cards, diaries, postcards, and letters.
Talk to your other relatives
- The family histories stored in their brains can save you so much trouble down the road. Ask them to identify people or places in old photos for example. Ask them questions about your parents, grandparents and even great-grandparents. Try to get full names and names of siblings, birthplaces and birthdates, locations or even addresses of family homes, occupation, education, military service, and where relatives are buried.
- Use social media to find people who share your ancestral surname, look for local organizations, public libraries and archives, and tour guides. Try to find people who are from the region where your ancestors come from. Even if they aren’t related to you, often they will be helpful
withproviding some useful information or they will know someone who knows something useful to your search.
Let local experts help you – our Slovenian team of historians
- Use genealogy-related services in Slovenia. Internet will not help you much here since we are in the early process of
digitalizinggenealogy of Slovenians. But don’t lose your hopes! There is an advantage of coming from a small country that even today counts a bit more than 2 million people. Sometimes we see ourselves as a village where everyone knows each other.
- We speak Slovenian language! We could find a local priest or officials and perhaps you could see records for you. We can establish
a contactbetween your relatives, the Slovenian branch of your family.
- A personalized story about your family’s background. The best part of what we do is to put your family into an actual period of time when important changes happened to your ancestors. A well-coordinated team of Slovenian historians will bring to life social, economic, political, historical and geographical situation of a certain time in your family’s past. Based on the findings, you will get a short but personalized story about your family’s background.
- VISIT SLOVENIA! Dobrodošli = welcome! It is the greenest and most beautiful European country. Most people are surprised about this hidden gem and many take it as their new home away from home.
- We can build an itinerary around your ancestry visit and you will experience Slovenia in the best way possible.
- An example of a week-long trip could consist of a day or two dedicated to ancestry visit and the rest of the days would be for you to visit
must seeplaces like Ljubljana, Bled, Piran, the caves, castles, countryside etc.
Don’t forget that we are here for you! We understand how important it is for you to find and touch your roots in Slovenia.
With exclusive records and expert guidance, there’s no better resource for researching your family history in Slovenia. Let our historians help you.
How long is it going to take?
The farther back you go, the more ancestors you have, so it could be a never-ending game. This is your own personal history mystery. You don’t want the book to ever end. You can quit at your great-great-grandparents, but I bet you won’t. There’s always another ancestor to chase and another home place to see.