ABOUT THIS TOUR
Duration: 1 day
Type of Travel: private, with local guide/driver
Group Size: maximum 8 travellers
Recommended for: private groups of friends, co-workers or a family
When to travel: throughout the year
Transportation: modern A/C van
Inclusive: main expenses
Only 3,5 hours from Ljubljana to Salzburg
UNESCO site; Old town ‘Altstadt’
Mozart’s birth place
Locations of ‘The sound of music’
Getreidegasse shopping street
Chance to visit the mighty Fortress Hohensalzburg
Optional visit of Hallein salt mines
In the morning meet your Tour guide/driver at hotel’s lobby. Drive through Slovenia’s most picturesque region and enjoy the view of the Julian Alps when crossing over to Austria. Welcome to Salzburg, the city of Mozart and the ‘Sound of Music’! It’s a musical town, surrounded by green pastures and the Austrian Alps.
Upon arrival to Salzburg, we will have a pleasant walk through its picturesque old town which is UNESCO World Heritage Site. See Mozart’s birth house which is located in attractive and most visited shopping street Getreidegasse, Salzburg’s Cathedral with its Romanesque font where Mozart was baptized, unique St. Peter’s Cemetery – one of the world’s most beautiful and oldest cemeteries, famous and original Mozart kugeln chocolate shop and many more. Free time to explore on your own. Suggestions and pointers will be given to you by your guide: 900-year-old cliff-top fortress Festung Hohensalzburg (walk or take funicular to the top), Salzburg Residenz is a palace where wealthy rulers prince-archbishops of Salzburg resided, one of the sites for ‘The sound of music’ – Mirabell Gardens, enter Mozart’s birth house and Mozart’s Residence etc. Do you hear the ‘Do, Re, Mi’ from the movie?
An optional Extended version of Salzburg in a day: If you want to add a visit of world-famous Hallein salt mines* to your day, you will experience underworld which brought great wealth to the city of Salzburg in the past. In the extended version, approximate return to Ljubljana will be at 10 pm.
*Hallein salt mines visit is subject to availability.
|NUMBER OF PEOPLE TRAVELLING||PRICE PER PERSON IN EUR|
Included in the price:
- All transfers and sightseeing per itinerary in modern A/C van
- Services of local English-speaking tour guide/driver throughout
- Comprehensive, guided sightseeing
- Active itinerary with unique features
Not included in the price:
- Optional visit to Hallein salt mine; extra charge 50 EUR per van and 21 EUR per person for the entrance ticket to Hallein salt mine. Hallein salt mine visit is subject to availability – please book in time.
- Optional in Salzburg: funicular and entrance to the fortress Festung Hohensalzburg (approx. 15,20 EUR per person), entrance to Mozart’s birth house (approx. 11 EUR per person), Mozart’s Residence (approx. 10 EUR per person), The Catacombs at St. Peter’s Cemetery (approx. 2 EUR per person), …
- Personal expenses (meals, drinks, shopping etc.)
Any place in Ljubljana by itinerary (other cities upon request – extra charge can apply).
7:30 AM – 9:00 PM
Duration for optional extended version:
7:30 AM – 10:00 PM
For groups bigger than 8, please contact us.
You are welcome to contact us.
We are flexible in adjusting program to your needs.
Suggestions: traditional meals, wine tastings, visit of museums, sports activities, hikes etc.